Tuesday 15 July 2014

Nappy Cake and a Baby Shower

I posted this on my other blog yesterday and thought I would share it here too.  If you ever need a nappy cake...

This past weekend my sister had her baby shower.

It's very exciting planning and preparing for a baby.  I wanted to give her something special, and since I make some cute baby gifts ;o) I thought I would put them all together in a nappy cake for her.

nappy cake giraffe

Have you ever made a nappy cake?  This was my first one, and it wasn't that easy.  I think I did it the hard way.  Lots of sticky tape and ribbon, but it turned out okay. I am sure there is an easier way!


Since she doesn't (or claims she doesn't) know the gender of the baby, I went with green.  It just so happened the nappies matched, so that was PERFECT!

The nappy cake contained a Taggie giraffe, elephant print bib, taggie blanket and 3 terry toweling face washers (which I edged on my over-locker), as well as 40 newborn sized nappies.


It looked pretty cute in the end, and she loved it.  That's all that matters!


nappy cake grubbee

I also made a few decorations for the tables.  (My mum and sister-in-law did all the hard work, I just got to do the fun stuff).

Some miniature bunting for the cake, using my Stampin' Up! banner punch and my trusty sewing machine.  I've never sewn on paper before, but it was surprisingly easy! And how good does this cheesecake look!!

grubbee

And some larger bunting for the table - also using Stampin' Up! DSP and my trusty paper trimmer.  These ones I threaded with a needle and thread.  A little time consuming, but not too difficult.

stampin up bunting

And lastly these sweet little thank you treats.

baby shower gift tags


baby shower cookie

It's meant to be a baby wearing a nappy.  They look a little bit like undies, but you get the idea :)

It was a gorgeous day, and I think she had a lovely afternoon.  She certainly received some beautiful gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...