Sunday 26 May 2013

Quiet Book

I have had a few requests to post pictures of the Quiet Book I made for E.

Firstly, let me say, hats off to anyone who has ever made a Quiet Book!  They are tedious, annoying and HARD!

I started this project about a year ago, and it's still not finished.  I had grand ideas of making this intricate book that would keep E entertained and quiet for ages, especially during church. Sadly, I haven't quite managed that.

Here is what I came up with:



Button hole flowers with co-ordinating button colours; counting beads.


Laundry basket with clothes pegs and line and boy and girl to dress up.


Paint palette with Velcro paint spots and paintbrush; caterpillar with press studs and cocoon pouch.

Apple tree with Velcro apples and basket for counting.  Back cover holds paper pad and crayons.

The pages are made from calico with felt stitched on.  The cover (which is not finished) is made from quilting fabric.   

Each page measures 12 x 11 inches before being stitched together.  Roughly 11 x 10 inches after stitching.

I used hinge rings through eyelets to keep it together. Perfect for adding more pages later - which is a perfect idea.

 

 




Hopefully one day I will get the energy and motivation to make some more pages, and finish the cover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...